Cosmetic surgery is a very sophisticated yet a common procedure nowadays. People attribute their unfortunate circumstances and their mood swings to the features they don't like on their body. But one must be very cautious before going for cosmetic surgery. Not all the problems or anxieties will vanish off by taking the route towards cosmetic surgery.
It is often seen that people who can change their appearances by simple procedures such as brow waxing or eye-lift creams or skin tightening gels, unfortunately go under the knife to find a pleasant niche in their own body.
1. One must consult a sought after cosmetic surgeon to rule out all the possible repercussions one may encounter after the surgery has been done. Because once done, the changes are not redeemable even if you like it or not. Moreover, one should always consider taking a second opinion before deciding to go for the surgery.
2. Health is an important aspect before you undertake cosmetic surgery. Always reveal your health and medical past to your surgeon. It is not a good idea to look esthetic outside while internally you are not fit at all.
3. Always do a small research on your behalf to know the pros and cons of the surgery. Also take ideas of the experiences of the oneswho have already been under the knife to get beautiful faces. Take down notes of the surgery you are considering for yourself and make a list of all the benefits you are going to get. This written scenario will clear all the clouds of doubt and you will explicitly see your agenda.
4. Along with a benefits list, make a list of possible complications you may face. Writing them down somehow prepare you with the possible side effects after the surgery. A veteran doctor might be of some help to you. Infections are the most common side effects of cosmetic surgeries. Since not always the procedure taking place or the instruments used are sterilized. Also post-surgery scarring is something that many cannot accept. But this is a bitter truth you might have to face though not always. Although you can always have a candid conversation with your surgeon about the scare hiding incisions and his technique of hiding scars.
5. The image that you might have created before cosmetic surgery may not materialize the same way. One should be aware and prepared for certain amount of glitches here and there. A malpositioning of nose or wrong bent in the chin might prove disastrous and depressing. To avoid being anxious of the result, one must goal for a better looking face and not aim towards a particular renewed feature.
6. After surgery, one must keep the time taken by the recovery period. It takes quite long to get completely recovered. With sessions of pains and feeling of stretchiness, you may have to take off from your office or workplace.
7. Cost is another factor that plays an important role in cosmetic surgery done. While considering the risks it comes with, one must take this crucial decision with complete wisdom. Spending so much of money to give you a desired look is not something that everybody can afford. So make the decision keeping all the other important aspects of your life in front of you and then prioritize your choice. Because there are so many other things that might require immediate attention.
Considering these above factors, you can easily take a firm decision whether you are ready for the improvised version of yours after surgery or you are happy the way you are now.